Tuesday, April 12, 2011

helaku

helaku nibblin' some sweet grass

I have rescued this horse twice so he's not going anywhere and has a forever home here with us. He's aloof and standoffish to the other horses most of the time and in spite of his size the lowest in the herd order. He likes people though and will always come over and say hi. He wears his heart on his sleeve and was terribly abused and neglected in the past. I was worried about how he would treat a new horse but he's very sweet to Pableu and is gentle about the way he schools him. On sunny days I can find him lying in the sun and I never miss the chance to give him a good massage while he's off his feet. He too is from the Twin Peaks Herd Management Area and I think he knows his little homey is too...

No comments:

Post a Comment