Monday, April 11, 2011

the uncles...

Big Guy



Pableu has four uncles that have lived with us for some time and when we were thinking about adopting him we spent a lot of time wondering how well they would do accepting a young colt into their herd. Well, they have done fine and I'm really proud of them for they way they teach and treat him and make him feel wanted a loved. I will introduce you them one at a time with a little story about how they reacted to Pableu and how they spend time with him. I'll start with our most wild-at-heart fella and leader of the pack, Joaquin...


I have had Joaquin the longest and in many ways, he's the closest to my heart. Why? because he should be living his life in the wild and we both know it. When I have him in hand he's wonderful, funny, loving and light as a feather. But he never wants to be caught and prefers to be left alone. He doesn't want to be ridden so we aren't going there and he adores Pableu. From the very first day he made it very clear that he was in charge of him and he treats him like a son. He nips and schools him, protects and looks after him, and teaches him a ot of things he needs to know. On the days he spends outside his corral with Pableu they rip and run all over the property and have tons of fun. Of all of our horses I thought Joaquin would bully him or ignore him. Boy was I wrong...

No comments:

Post a Comment